Nominations of candidates for the SSR Board of Directors Trainee Representatives are now being accepted from SSR Trainee Members.
The Trainee Representative is a unique and exciting opportunity to serve on the Board of Directors. As the Trainee representative, you will participate in the management of the Society and represent the interests of all SSR trainees. The position is a two-year term beginning at the 2024 Annual Meeting in Dublin.
- You must currently be a Trainee member of SSR, anticipate remaining so during the term of office AND be nominated by yourself, a Trainee, Regular, or Emeritus member of SSR.
- All applicants will be vetted by the Trainee Affairs Committee. The successful applicant will be selected by the Trainee membership of SSR during the Society election, which will be held in spring 2024.
- Represent the Trainee membership on the Board of Directors to maintain and improve SSR services to Trainees.
- Improve communication and managerial skills by working with established researchers, editors, and other members of SSR.
- Work with other scientists to improve and support SSR functions.
- Represent the Trainee membership with voting privileges at the SSR board meetings twice each year: at the Annual Meeting and at the winter meeting (expenses for attendance are covered for the winter meeting).
- Co-manage the Trainee Affairs Committee functions (Career Consultation Center, Roommate Referral Service, Trainee Forum, Trainee-Mentor Luncheon, Trainee Travel Award, Trainee Representative Election, and commemorative fundraising t-shirt).
- Encourage Trainee participation in our Society.
Self-nominations are also accepted. We encourage the nomination of individuals representative of the richness of our membership, including diversity of gender, ethnic background, geographic location, and field of study.
Trainees can submit their nomination letter and campaign statement HERE (including qualifications and goals for this position) no later than November 6th. Your statement will be included AS RECEIVED on the online ballot. If you have any questions, contact Jacinta Martin and Alison Ermisch at email@example.com